A Carer is … (please scroll down)
A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends whose health or well-being could suffer without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner, child or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
Our vision - is for very carer to be recognised, supported and offered services to help them maintain their own health and well-being.
Our mission – Crossroads Care North Wales:
- provides services that respond to the needs of carers and the people they support, offering them peace of mind and understanding
- works with them and other stakeholders to influence service innovation and growth.
Our values – Crossroads Care places carers and the people they support at the heart of everything we do.
- Trust – we understand that our services only respond to carers’ needs when they trust us to care for the person they support
- Involvement – carers and the people they support drive Crossroads Care service design and development.
- Quality – by employing motivated, trained, qualified and committed staff, we ensure that our services are high quality, flexible, responsive and continually improving.
- Continuity – we endeavour to ensure that the same Carer Support Worker attends at carers’ homes to build up long and trusting relationships.
- Family friendly – we recognise that our service impacts on families and friends – not just the carer and the person they support – and so we design our services with that in mind.
- Availability and accessibility – we work to make our services available and accessible to as many carers and people they support as possible.
- Dignity and respect – we always treat carers and the people they support with dignity and respect.
- Working for change – we work proactively with government and policy makers at national and local level to influence legislation and practice.
- Partnership working – we actively explore opportunities for establishing joint projects and relationships with other organisations that will improve services for carers and the people they support.
- Learning – we learn from the good practice of others in order to improve our services for carers and the people they support and we encourage others to learn from us.
- Language – we respect the diversity of culture and language within North Wales and ensure the delivery of a fully bilingual (Welsh/English) service as required.
Our Head Office is based in Colwyn Bay, Conwy, North Wales, please contact us…
By Phone: By Post:
01492 516143 Crossroads Care North Wales, Llys Eirias,
01492 516435 Heritage Gate, Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay, LL29 8BW.
Our Head Office Opening Hours are:
Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am to 3pm